Monday 22 April 2013

Test Printing!

Last week I have been in the workshop, experimenting with my test screens and lots of exciting processes, here are some of the results...

Initial strike off in purple pigment print
Discharge print with overlaid foil highlights
Discharge print using pigment in the paste to replace colour

I had hoped to use discharge printing for my main printed length, but this would mean lifting the fabric off the table to steam and wash it to set the discharge paste, however I wouldn't then be able to register my second screen to add foil highlights. So instead I worked on alternative options for colour ways and experimented with more processes....

matte grey foil on yellow/green fabric with lasercut leather overlay
Iridescent foil on black fabric
My favourite samples, which will inform my colour palette and processes when printing my final fabric lengths in a couple of weeks time!




No comments:

Post a Comment