Sunday 14 April 2013

Drawing Pt.3

Since being allowed back in the studio after Easter this week (2 weeks was a long time away!) I've carried drawing all the weird and wonderful things I've been looking at, particularly carnivorous plants. Here are just a few examples of what I've been up to this week...

This striking carnivorous plant attracts bugs to its sticky fronds and then curls itself up to eat them...
I loved drawing these gorgeous succulents
Textural twisting branches/vines
Exotic pitcher plants... love the texture and pattern on these.
I have accumulated a lot of drawings now of a range of imagery with some interesting mark making and texture, so I'm forcing myself to stop for now and move on to the next stage. I have made a few test screens with my imagery to start trying out the processes, fabrics and colours I want to use, and I can't wait to to get in the workshop and start experimenting! I will post again next week to show what I've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment