Monday 8 April 2013

Placement

Over the Easter break from university I had the fantastic opportunity to work at Paper Rose/ The Art Group in Nottingham. This was off the back of a live brief which the company set us at University to design Typography themed cards aimed at a male market- I was so pleased to have my designs selected as a winning entry, and part of the prize was two weeks placement in their design studio.


During my week there I had the chance to develop the designs I created for them during the live brief with a few more ideas for the range. I also developed my floral wallpaper design into some gorgeous giftwrap and gift bag designs, including mocking up samples with foil finishes on- I do love a bit of sparkle and shine! It was also great opportunity to see how a design studio works on a day to day basis, get to know more about ranges, the design and selection process and all the exciting techniques and finishes that are used on cards and giftware products.

I had a fantastic week working with all the wonderful team there, and am very excited to return for my second week of placement at the beginning of July, when I will be doing some more work in their design studio and hopefully pushing on with my card range for them, so stay tuned for my post then on how it goes.

In the mean time, why not check out some of the great ranges they produce at www.paperrose.co.uk and www.artgroupcards.co.uk, or like their Facebook pages and follow @paperrosecards and @The_Art_Group on Twitter for regular updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment