Tuesday 19 March 2013

Welcome to my world...

Hello to everyone reading this, my first ever blog post! I have set up this blog to help document my design process from conception to fruition, and to share my designs with the big wide web. Over the coming weeks I will give you some snippets of what I am up to in the studio as I embark upon my final ever university project, but to kick off I thought I would show some of the designs I worked on last term which are featured as the backdrop to this blog.

Hot Fresh Florals

This was an 8 week long project brief I planned at the start of my third year, under the general heading of "wallpaper" in the loosest sense, we were free to do whatever we wished. Having spent the summer in Cyprus working I was very inspired by the colours of sunsets and used these to inspire my colour palette, whilst also using some of the images I had of florals out there as a starting point for my drawing...




Through much experimentation with line drawing, dyeing papers, bleach painting papercutting and layering, I created and digitally printed these final designs...

The idea is that they are customisable 'tile' designs which can be attached to a wall in different layouts to suit the users needs, depending on what kind of pattern they want and how intensely patterned they want their walls to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment