Saturday 30 March 2013

More Drawing!

I have been continuing to draw the weird and wonderful forms I have been studying for 'Ornate Obscurity' thoroughly enjoying the drawing process. I thought it would be nice to show you all how my drawings progress, along with some more finished ones...
For these venus flytraps I began with laying out the basic outline...
before filling in with mark making to create depth and texture.
For this spotted Orchid I began with a pencil outline (I often start this way to get the shape right) then blocking in the solid areas...
before using dots to fill in the detail and add shading.
the completed spotted orchid.
Orchid with textured petals (does remind me a little of an alien or fly face!)
Another weird but interesting plant, I love the potential this has for creating a pattern with (though I have no idea what it actually is!)

I'm really excited to develop these drawings further and eventually use them in a repeat design, and possibly as cuts and etches on the laser cutter- come back soon to find out more about developments in leather!





No comments:

Post a Comment